A dog is not only a friend, it is a life partner! If you share your life with a pet, you will have unlimited company, affection, and fidelity!
Keeping your dog clean is very important! In this way, apart from avoiding bad smells, we will also avoid external parasites! Even if your dog doesn't like to bathe, it's a good idea to do so from time to time!
If you want to prevent your dog from getting fleas, read on! At Dogalyo, we tell you about the home remedies you need to keep your dog free of fleas.
Home remedies for fleas on dogsIf you're looking for natural, ecological and inexpensive remedies, you're in the right place! There are different tips you can follow to keep your pet free of fleas, keep reading!
Home remedies with citrus to prevent fleas on dogsThe first thing you should know is that fleas hate citrus fruits. So these remedies are very appropriate! What can you do if you want your pet not to have fleas?
- Rub his coat with lemon, lime, orange or citrus. Fleas will never come near your dog again.
- In a litre of water, add a few slices of lemon. After the water has boiled, let it cool down. Then just spread the water over your dog's body - remember! Don't put it in his mouth or in his eyes. And there's no need to rinse your pet!
Do you want to prevent fleas from entering your home? With the same mix you used with your dog, you can spray the cushions, slits and carpets - no flea will want to stay there!
Homemade Remedies with Vinegar to Avoid Fleas on DogsOne of the best natural remedies against fleas is vinegar! The strong smell of vinegar kills fleas and also keeps them away! Apart from this, it also has cosmetic advantages! How can you use vinegar to prevent your dog from getting fleas?
- Anti-flea vinegar bath: How do you do this? You'll need: a cup of vinegar and a cup of liquid detergent. Mix both in a container and use it to bathe your dog. Okay, that sounds easy, but...how do I do it? First of all, moisten the coat and spread the mixture we have prepared. Then leave it for a maximum of half an hour, and use a flea comb, so you can remove them! Once you've done this, wash your dog. If possible, repeat several times a week.
- Vinegar as a flea repellent: How can you make a natural flea repellent? Simply mix half a cup of water with half a cup of vinegar. Putting this mixture in an atomizer, you will be able to spray your dog easily. You'll also make your dog's hair shine even brighter.
- Anti-flea vinegar shampoo: With a little dog shampoo, half a cup of water and half a cup of vinegar, you'll have the best anti-flea shampoo! In addition, this shampoo mixture is used just like normal shampoo. Just let it work for 5 minutes, and...rinse your dog! It's that easy.
RELATED: How to Bathe a Dog That is Afraid of Water
Home Remedies With Brewer's Yeast To Avoid Fleas On DogsBrewer's yeast is a great anti-flea! If you want to prevent your dog from getting that annoying parasite, you can use it in two ways!
- As food: adding a little yeast to your dog's food will drive fleas from the inside out!
- As a repellent: In this case, you'll only need a small cup of yeast. If you rub it directly on your pet's coat, you'll make vitamin B1 reach their skin directly, keeping fleas away. Let this work for several days and then remove it. Repeat this operation once a week.
Homemade flea collar avoid fleas on dogs
It is possible that you are currently wearing commercial flea collars. However, as you know, these necklaces don't always smell good! If you don't like the smell of flea collars, you've come to the right place!
- Rosemary or lavender scented necklace: All you need is the essence of rosemary and/or lavender, water and a handkerchief. To achieve the effect, you will need to impregnate the scarf with essence and water, and then put it around your dog's neck. If you're looking for a stronger anti-flea effect, don't hesitate to put the essence with olive oil and... put a few drops on the tail!
- Combine different essential oils: With cedar, lavender, thyme, citronella, geranium and basil essence (among other essences), you can make a perfect flea collar!
Remember! You'll need to add more scent every week, so your dog is always protected!
Home remedies to prevent fleas in your homeIf you're worried about fleas, it never hurts to protect your home! Fleas can hide anywhere: beds, carpets, cushions...
What options are there if you're looking to protect your home from fleas?
- Use salt: Put a little salt on the carpets, you'll kill the fleas! You will only need to leave the salt for a few days and then you will be able to vacuum the area normally. Ideally, if you have a plague of fleas at home, repeat it for several weeks!
- Wormwood: It's a natural insecticide! If you plant it in the garden, you'll keep fleas away! You can also place small sacs of wormwood in different parts of your home.
- Cedar: If you put cedar shavings on your dog's bed, or inside muslin bags, the smell will keep the fleas away! Watch out! If you see that your dog has an allergic reaction, remove it as soon as possible!
- Rosemary and lavender: If you want to keep fleas away from your home, plant them in the garden! That way you'll avoid other insects, too.
Have you tried everything against fleas and nothing worked for you? In that case, go to the vet! He or she can prescribe a flea spray, pipette or specific treatment for your pet.
Remember! Fleas are a parasite that is very harmful to your dog's health.