List of toxic foods for dogs
Take good note of the following foods. These are totally forbidden for our dogs if you don't want to cause them a great harm.
Grapes and raisins
Even if you've ever tasted your hairy grapes or derivatives of them, such as raisins, and nothing happened to them, it's better not to repeat it.
The hairy ones are not tolerant to this fruit and could cause them a very serious renal insufficiency.
The biggest problem with our dogs consuming dairy is that they are not able to digest lactose. Taking them could cause damage to your four-legged friend's gastrointestinal system.
Diarrhoea, vomiting, pain... do you think it's worth giving him dairy products? Totally discarded!
What may start as a bad joke to see what your dog does if he drinks alcohol, may end in death for your hairy.
Alcohol is poisonous to them because they don't tolerate it. Don't offer them any of this drink!
Mmmm... we love chocolate! And yes, our dogs love it too, but it's tremendously harmful to them.
Chocolate is one of the worst toxic foods for dogs. This is due to the toxin called theobromine, present in cocoa from its seed. It does us no harm, but for them it is dangerous. If taken in large quantities it can cause diarrhea, heart problems, and even death.
Apples, plums and other fruits with seeds
How wonderful the fruits are to us, and how harmful they can be to them.
Really, the problem with these fruits is their stone. To begin with, the dog swallowing this part of the fruit can cause an obstruction that prevents it from breathing and dying.
In addition, the seeds have a small amount of cyanide that dogs are unable to assimilate.
Bones must also be found in this list of toxic foods for dogs. However, their dangerousness is given by the way we offer them to our dogs.
If you want them to eat bones, give them raw and preferably fleshy or milky.
They are never uncooked! The reason: the bones that have passed through the kitchen splinter easily in the face of our dogs' bites. Can you imagine the damage these splinters can do to our pet's throat or gastrointestinal system?
Onions and garlic
The list of problems caused by these foods in our furry ones is too long, but they highlight the renal insufficiency and the anemia as a consequence of the consumption of sulfoxides.
Although it is not very common to give a piece of raw onion to our pet, it may contain leftovers from our food. Be very careful!
Another food banned for dogs if given in large quantities. Why in large quantities? The vitamin A contained in the liver is good for them in small doses, however, in large quantities can be dangerous.
Potato, avocado and tomato
Avocado can be very healthy for us, but it contains persin and this can attack your dog's digestive system.
Tomatoes and potatoes are also very dangerous because of some of the toxins they contain. If your hairy dog eats these foods he can get very sick, even go into a coma. Don't let him!
Other Toxic Foods for Dogs
But these aren't the only dangerous foods for our four-legged friends.
Caffeine is liquid poison for them; salt can cause convulsions; nuts have too much phosphorus that they can't assimilate; mushrooms contain toxins that are harmful to them; etc.
Have you taken good note of what your dog should not taste? Take care of his diet and health!